This sample temp test should help prepare you for the one you are going to take at the exam station. This test is just a learning tool and any similarity to the actual test is a coincidence.
The test is divided into two parts: signs and laws. Part one is on laws, part two is on signs. Print out both test, take them and when you are done with the law section click on "continue" for the sign section.
Write down your answers to the questions and at the end click on our answer page and see how well you did.
1. You must report a collision to the BMV within 30 days:
A. Only if the collision is your fault.
B. Only if another car was involved.
C. If the damage to the car's is over 400 dollars.
D. If you are the only one involved in the collision.
2. A drivers license may be revoked if:
A. Parks his/her car in a "no parking zone".
B. Accumulates 12 or more points in a two year period
C. Receives two speeding tickets in one month
D. Both B and C.
3. If you are 15 1/2 and have a valid temporary the person next to you in the front
seat while you are driving must be:
A. At least 21 years of age
B. Your Parents.
C. Appointed by your parents
D. All the above
4. You must hold your temporary at least ______ months and must take driver
education before you will be allowed to take your driving test.
5. When you are making a right turn, you must:
A. Wait for all traffic to clear the intersection.
B. Sound your horn and make your turn
C. Get into the right lane of traffic and finish your turn in the right lane of traffic
when clear to do so.
D. Wait for all traffic to clear the intersection.
6. Your temporary is valid for ______ months from the day you buy it.
7. Your tires must have a minimum of ______ of an inch tread depth.
D. Both B and C
8. If an intersection has no traffic control lights or stop signs and two cars approach
the intersection at the same time from different directions, which driver must
A. The driver to the right.
B. The driver to the left.
C. The one going the fastest.
D. The one that sounds his/her horn.
9. When can you make a left on red?
B. From a one way to a one way.
C. If their are no cars around.
D. Only on a dead end street.
10. When you come to a stop sign you must stop:
A. Any place near the intersection as long as you come to a complete stop.
B. 10 feet behind the stop sign.
C. Even with the stop sign.
D. Before the stop bar.
11. Your head lights must be displayed:
A. When it is dark.
B. At sunset and before sunrise.
C. Two hours after sun set and one hour before sun rise.
D. All the time.
12. If you are driving at a speed of 65mph and your right tire blows out, you should:
A. Keep your foot on the accelerator to maintain control of your car.
B. Hit the brakes hard to avoid a collision with another car.
C. Let the car slow down gradually with out pressing on the brake.
D. Let go of the steering wheel and let he car's momentum bring you to a stop.
13. You must stop for a school bus:
A. If you are on the opposite side of a four lane highway.
B. If the bus is on the same side of the road as you.
C. Only if it's yellow flashing lights are going.
D. Only if you see children loading and unloading.
14. When you see the lights flashing on a emergency vehicle you should:
A. Move to the left as far as possible.
B. Stop at the nearest intersection and wait for it to pass you.
C. Stop immediately in your lane.
D. Pull to the right and stop until it passes you.
15. You must have your seat belts on if:
A. You are in the back seat.
B. You are under 40 pounds.
C. You are the driver or the front seat passenger.
D. You don't have to have your seat belt on.
16. When a two lane road is marked with a single solid yellow line on your side:
A. You can not park your car in that lane.
B. You must slow down and proceed with caution.
C. You may not pass another car in your lane.
D. You may pass another car as long as the way is clear.
17. You are approaching a merging sign you should:
A. Slow down and wait for all the traffic to enter the road before proceeding.
B. Sound your horn and warn the other drivers.
C. Pay no attention to the sign since it's for the drivers merging.
D. Adjust your speed and position as it my be necessary to avoid a collision.
18. You must yield the right of way if:
A. You are going slower than the other traffic.
B. When you are to the right of another car.
C. When you are directed by a yield sign to do so.
D. Both A and C.
19. You are driving along the highway and the right front wheel of your car runs off
the pavement, what should you do?
A. Hold the steering wheel tightly and take your foot off the accelerator.
B. Apply the brakes.
C. Turn back on to the pavement immediately.
D. Turn your wheels to the right and go completely off the road to the right.
20. You must never back up your car:
A. On any city streets.
B. Unless you sound your horn.
C. At night.
D. On an freeway
Click here to continue! To the sign section of the test